Saturday, April 12, 2014

Infinite by Jodi Meadows - Review


Yeah!  I finished another book series.  I initially picked up the first book in this series because of the amazing cover!  I really enjoyed the idea behind this series and am glad I read it! Here is the goodreads description:

DESTRUCTION The Year of Souls begins with an earthquake—an alarming rumble from deep within the earth—and it’s only the first of greater dangers to come. The Range caldera is preparing to erupt. Ana knows that as Soul Night approaches, everything near Heart will be at risk. 
FLIGHT Ana’s exile is frightening, but it may also be fortuitous, especially if she can convince her friends to flee Heart and Range with her. They’ll go north, seeking answers and allies to stop Janan’s ascension. And with any luck, the newsouls will be safe from harm’s reach. 
CHOICE The oldsouls might have forgotten the choice they made to give themselves limitless lifetimes, but Ana knows the true cost of reincarnation. What she doesn’t know is whether she’ll have the chance to finish this one sweet life with Sam, especially if she returns to Heart to stop Janan once and for all. With gorgeous romance and thrilling action, the final book in the Incarnate trilogy offers a brilliant conclusion to the compelling questions of this fascinating world, where one new girl is the key to the lives of millions

I was totally satisfied with the ending of this series.  I really liked how it was wrapped up.  I will say though that the book kind of drags in the middle.  We read about the characters walking and walking and walking some more.  That part did get a little boring.  In Infinite we get to learn way more about the dragons, slyph, and phoenix. This is one of those books that I really wanted an ARC of .. but alas I had to wait for my library to get the book.

There were a few parts in this book that made me scratch my head.  Like humans had some type of fallout and then years after that was all over mythical creatures were born and living in our world.  With no explanation as to why that happened??   One of the biggest positives for this book is no love triangle!  Though since Ana is a new soul and Sam falls for her after he has been reincarnated over and over again.  It is odd that these people (1 million of them) come back in the next life and love someone else.  Honestly I love the notion though of being reincarnated and having friends and talents that you get to use in every lifetime.  I was a little sad to learn that (spoiler) there will be no more reincarnation (end spoiler).

This is a great series and I am sad to see it go.  Jodi Meadows has done a great job with a YA series.  Making the good guy win (instead of the bad boy), making romance real, even realistic sex that isn't over the top. I do think that this was a wonderful ending to a trilogy!

 My reviews:
Incarnate by Jodi Meadows
Asunder by Jodi Meadows

The crystal ball says:




Clouds are covering! A read that lets me down every now and then but peaks out of the clouds!

16 comments:

  1. I've noticed this series floating around, but I haven't paid much attention to it. I just read all of your reviews for it, and I'll definitely be throwing it on the TBR!


    Kristen @ Pretty Little Pages

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love when the endings of the series are great! I have this one on my TBR!
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ivana @ BookishTeensApril 12, 2014 at 4:07 PM

    So glad you enjoyed it! Great review :D

    Ivana @ BookishTeens

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been really enjoying this series. I haven't read Infinite yet, but I am eager. I liked the uniqueness of the series and I enjoyed the lack of a love triangle. I am glad to hear that (for the most part) you enjoyed the ending of the series.


    Thanks for the review!

    ~Sara @ Just Another Story

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you liked this one! I only read the first book in the series when few bloggers were doing a read-a-thon but I got way too busy and didn't read any of the others one

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad you read all the reviews!! I seriously though this was a fun and unique series. Some of this book here was a little bit slow to get going, but it was a satisfying ending!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so glad you have it on your TBR! I think it is a really good YA series. Plus who doesn't like reading about a masquerade ball?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks!! Hope it inspires you to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think it was a good ending.. the only problem was there was one section where Ana and her friends traveled and that took a long time. I think maybe a little shorter would've worked. Of course had it been shorter I might've complained it needed to be longer!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I remember that read-a-thon. I wanted to join in but at the time I didn't want to re-read the whole series. Then I didn't get the last book till recently so I missed the reading! Can't wait to see what you think of the rest of the series.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I only skimmed your review because I have yet to read the first book (III know, where have I been?), but I'm glad to see that you were happy with the ending! It seems like there have been a lot of disappointing series enders recently, so it's always a relief when a series you love concludes in a way that makes you happy. :)

    Wendy @ The Midnight Garden

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think they are a great series and worth finishing. I loved the second book... and while I didn't love this book as much as the other two it is still good.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I guess I better get around to reading this last book. I'll be sad to see ti end as well but hey I'm always so glad when YA trilogies end. Personally I think there should be more stand alones out there. Its why I'm really excited about the way These Broken Stars was done and that the other books will feature brand new people.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I need more stand alones in my life too. I really try to not start a new series unless it is really popular. I just feel like I always get behind on all the series I am reading!! I didn't know that about These Broken Stars. Now I am intrigued to read that series.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I still can't believe that I have not read this series yet. I am glad you were happy with the ending :)


    Great Review


    Michelle @ Book Briefs

    ReplyDelete
  16. Seriously read it if you are looking for something fun and light!! It's really that good.

    ReplyDelete