Lately I feel like I really only see posts about what bloggers don't like about other blogs. Parajunkie actually just did an amazing post on this topic (yes you need to read it.. like now). These posts make me hurry over to my blog and look around and check it. How are the colors of my template. Do I have too much on my sidebars??? Too many GIFs??? What am I doing wrong??? It is so stressful! I thought I would do a post about what I LIKE about your blogs!
1. Commenting. Yes commenting. I love the blogs that comment on my comments... and not only do that but come and visit my blog back too! WHAT!! I try to always do this. It is time consuming. But to me... I don't like to just write up a post... publish it for the world and then leave it at that. Let the comments go and move onto my next post. NO. I want to talk about what I just spend an hour typing up. I want to see what people think.. did they agree? Disagree?
2. People who use twitter and tweet other blogger's posts. Now I admit, I am not the best at this. In fact... I am not the best tweeter in the world. I usually only get on in the evening and binge tweet and then I am off. I need to practice tweeting posts I love from other bloggers. I really appreciate it when bloggers do this for my posts.
3. I love bloggers who do how-to posts for Blogger. I see Wordpress how-to posts everywhere! I did find a blog that was doing it.. but they jumped ship and moved to Wordpress too. I can tell you I will probably never move to Wordpress. I don't want to spend the money. My blog doesn't even bring in any kind of income whatsoever so really I just will stick with free Blogger. I looked into moving, I would have to hire someone and there's more money. There must be someone out there who wants to show Blogger some html love. Anyone??
4. I love bloggers who have layouts that have neat themes through the whole blog. I have been looking for a new blog template for a while now but just haven't found anything. Ransom Reads is an extremely neat blog to me. I love how it is all about ships and pirates. Clever! There are a few other blogs set up like this and I just think it's fabulous!
5. I love creative blog posts. I wish I could think of cool features. I do Project Disney (not my idea) and I do review Comics every other week... but no cool features. Rinn Reads does a post Museum of Literary Wonders where she acts like we are at a museum and posts pictures of the artifacts that are from different books. Bravo!!! Now if only I could think of something like this!
6. I like blogs that share links to other blogs!! YES.. I discover so many blogs this way. A lot of bloggers do this in their Sunday Posts. I used to not ever participate in Stacking the Shelves and what not on Sundays because they were boring to me. But I noticed that the ones that didn't just post I got this book or that book.. but that linked up interesting posts intrigued me! So finally I did join in and add links into my Sunday Posts hoping that my blog readers will find something interesting.
7. I like events to participate in (this includes memes). While I don't think your blog needs to participate in every WOW (Waiting on Wednesday), and TTT (Top Ten Tuesday) I do appreciate them. And sometimes my feed is just cluttered with them on the weeks where I don't participate so I just skim past those. I love Bout of Books, Bloggiesta, readathons, Follow Me Friday, Book Blog Walkers, Sunday Post and so on. These things can be hard to manage so thank you to the hosts. I have met tons of bloggers through these and even had a little fun.
8. I like blogs that aren't afraid to follow other blogs that don't post the genres you normally read. New Genres! I actually follow some blogs that read books I don't read.. but their other posts are interesting. Perhaps you post about cooking, or movies. Honestly I love variety and I love reading blogs that will introduce me to topics I don't know much about.
Well that is what I love about blogs! Now yes... we all need to work on our blogs a little, me included. ( By the way Parajunkie has another post about having a great blog that you should check out). But remember that you should like your blog. You should like the blogs you follow... add something about yourself in your blog. Don't be afraid to do Cat Thursdays, or a post about what you cooked for dinner. What do you LOVE in a blog????