Saturday, March 15, 2014

Sunday Post

Let's chat about what's going on this week... on my blog.. on other blogs... on the internet... and just everywhere!    I link up my post to Sunday Post and Stacking the Shelves.

On the blog:
-I go to the movies : 300 Rise of an Empire
-I do another Top Ten List... about Stephen King of course!
- I review the anthology Geetastic: Tales from the Nerd Herd by Holly Black/John Green/Libba Bray and I don't think it's that geeky. 

Around the blogospere:
-Rinn Reads talks about her trip to the Harry Potter Studio in the UK!  I have been to the Wizarding World in FL which was pretty fun.  I would love to go to the UK stop.
-Bookish Whimsy does a Fairy Tale Survey and it's so cute.. oh and of course has some great books listed.
-Laura Plus Books talks about why you stop following blogs... and in a nice way to put it!!
-SYNC's free audio books for this summer has been announced!
-Alison Can Read gets the second Quarterly Book Riot Subscription box and opens it for us!  I want a book subscription box sooo bad.  I love that it's a surprise! 

Internet:
It seems that all my videos lately have been for my fellow video game followers. This one here BOTHERS me. If you have never watched the faceoffs you should. They have Superman VS Thor and so on. The newest one they have Master Chief (from Halo) vs Captain America. The ending of this is sooo wrong. I mean.. ughhh!

Books Books Books:
This week I picked up Infinite by Jodi Meadows! Which is the 3rd book in the series.  I also picked up and art book of Chihuly which I plan on reviewing.  I just love his art!   I also picked up more comics ... almost caught up on all the new 52 series that I am reading.  I have friends visiting for Spring Break next week so not sure how much blogging I will be doing... so if you don't seem me around you know why!

35 comments:

  1. I can't wait to hear how you like Incarnate. The series seems interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am excited to read your review of Incarnate!


    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jessica @ a GREAT readMarch 15, 2014 at 7:19 PM

    Ooh nice haul! Haven't read any of those but do hope you enjoy them all!

    My STS will be up tomorrow, so be sure to stop by then!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's fun you have friends visiting. I'm on Spring Break this coming week too; I still have work and whatnot, but it will be nice to not have as much HW to go along with everything.
    Lauren from www.shootingstarsmag.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. My friend is a fan of this series, I hope you enjoy it!

    Check out OUT's STS

    Leydy from OUAT & RCE

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree about the video, I don't know anything about Master Chief but that ending... no that's not Captain America. They screwed that up. :) I've seen some of the other ones though and yeah they're kinda entertaining.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmm... spring break for me as well. ^_^


    But Incarnate looks interesting. Haven't gotten the chance to read it though. :/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the cover for Incarnate! I was so excited when it first came out....and then I realised it's like book 3 (is it??) in a series...oh well. I just have another series I need to read. :) My StS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Incarnate. So glad you are starting the series.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think it's entertaining too!! I think the next one they have lined up is Red Hood VS Punisher. But yeah... Captain America doing that with his shield? It's like they didn't know what to do with him so let's chop his neck!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think it is a magical series. I love the premise sooo much. Old souls, new souls. Just neat.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't wait to get started. Though it's won't be till another week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am glad to have friends visiting. It will be busy that's for sure. Today we are off to the museum and touristy stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It took forever for my library to order it. I would check the catalog daily for when they finally ordered it and I was number 1 when they got it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just love that series. It is totally worth being a series to start (unlike some other ones). The covers are what drove me to read the series.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have actually already started the series.. just now getting to the third. And I just realized I made a mistake in my blog post... the title for the book should be Infinite! Oops

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh I really want to see the new 300 movie. I saw the last one in the theaters and loved it! Have a great week!

    SP
    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh have a great spring break with your friends! And I want a subscription box too but I'm not willing to pay for it :(

    ReplyDelete
  19. 52 !!! You're reading 52 series !!! And yesterday, I was so happy I caught up on 3 series, lol !!! Have fun with your friends and have a great week ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I looked into the BookRiot Quarterly and while I love the idea it just doesn't seem like a lot of the items would really suit me that well (that and it is a lot of money that I could use to surprise myself with a book I really want each month).

    ReplyDelete
  21. I never really got into gaming (unlike my boys), but I don't even try to be honest because of fear that I would get into it and it would take even more reading/blogging time away :)
    Have a great week and Happy Reading!
    My Sunday post is here

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for mentioning my Book Riot post! I love your Sunday posts!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'd never heard of Chihuly, but I looked up his work and it's beautiful, even from a brief glance! Can't wait to read your review of the book!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thank you!! It was a good movie if you are looking for entertainment.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love it sooo much. I wish I had been able to go to AZ when his work was at the Botanic Gardens there. It looked sooo beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I am having a good time with my friends!! Taking them all over. I am catching up to a little bit of comments on the blog this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  27. LOL! no .. the New 52 is a series that DC has. Honestly I have no idea why it's called that!! Certainly not 52 series at once!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I agree with that. I can't spend $50 on that . I too would rather buy the books I want with that $50. I do like the other items you get in the box other then books. I guess the only thing the box would do it get you to read outside of what you normally read.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hilarious!! I love that you admit you could love gaming. It is fun.. though lately I haven't really had a game that takes me away. I need to get a new system that is why. The Xbox one would be perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Sure... I loved getting a peek into the new box!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I can't wait to look through it. I have friends in town now but plan on getting to it as soon as they leave!

    ReplyDelete
  32. The other items are unique, for the odd novel trinkets you can always browse etsy! I have come across some great finds on there. I do try to push my reading outside my comfort genres each year (heck I would have never started Graphic Novels if I hadn't pushed a couple years ago).

    ReplyDelete