Sunday, March 23, 2014

Bloggiesta Spring 2014


The idea behind Bloggiesta is to spend these next four days working on perfecting your blog and connecting with other bloggers who are doing the same thing. Spread the word and get all your friends to come and fiesta with us!  If you haven’t heard about Bloggiesta before, it’s a weekend (March 27-30) where we all sit down to work on our blogs, do those things we keep putting off, as well as network and meet new bloggers and participate in challenges and giveaways. Definitely check it out, it’s a lot of fun! 

I will update just this one post here so people don't keep seeing the same post over and over again.  So head here if you want to see my updates!  Here are my goals: 

1.  I do this every time.  I moderate two book clubs on goodreads (Stephen King Fans and the Young Adult Book Club) and I need to moderate all the posts that happen on there.  I need to read through each and every thread/topic and use this weekend to do it since it takes so long and I have to stay caught up on it. 
Yes!! All caught up again. This is something I had to do every three months or so. Updated the books and lists on each group too.
2.  Comment on blogs participating in Bloggiesta
3.  Participate in Challenges -&nbsp ; Well I looked at the Facebook one.. and of course my blog is blocked from there sooooo I can't do that one. I read through the Pinterest challenge and I actually already have some boards for the blog on there. Be sure to follow me! I went through all the challenges tonight! So fun and I always learn something new.
4. Go through blogs I follow and stop following the ones that no longer blog, or that I don't stop by and visit.  Has anyone else noticed that every now and then Bloglovin throws in blogs for you to follow that you never followed before??? 
5. Back up Blog.
6. Add a social icon button for Instagram.  I have been having fun lately following book blogs on Instagram and should try to get more to follow me. 
7. Add an author footer?  Last bloggiesta I asked around for help with the one I previously had.. I worked hours trying to get the code back in and it never happened.  This bloggiesta I'll just add a new one that is completely different then the previous one since it just doesn't work. 
8.  Add share buttons under my posts (shareaholic). DONE! I took off the Sharing is Caring words because I thought they looked like clutter. Also... I didn't add the f icon for facebook because facebook blocked my blog as spam many moons ago.  I did email them again though to try to see if they would unblock me.
9.   Jump into some Twitter chats: - I keep missing these!
 Chat: Sunday March 30 @ 8 p.m. E
10.  Fill out the 50 Bookish Things I want to Do Before I Die
11.  Set up a blogging event with a co-blogger. Sign ups will start April 1st!!
12.  Make a Once Upon a Time readathon blog post this weekend.
13.  Roll over effect on social icons?
14.  Figure out what everyone is talking about when they talk about broken links on their blogs from google? ?? ? ?   Working on this... and found a link to a website that explains how to do it: http://blogtimenow.com/seo/find-fix-redirect-broken-links-blogger/  Luckily I only have 8 broken links and need to redirect them.  I went in to do this but when I tried to hit save nothing happens in the blogger dashboard.  It is odd!


Trust me.. this list will get longer as the weekend goes on.  It always does!!! Usually I am quite successful during Bloggiesta.  Good luck everyone!!


58 comments:

  1. I totally need to clean up my Bloglovin' feed, too! Mine has just gotten out of control. Good luck with all of your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!!! I honestly can't wait to get started.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are the second person I've seen that has 'back up blog' on their list. I guess I really need to learn more about this! I don't use Bloglovin but I probably should clean up my Feedly feed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do think it's important to back up your blog. I have had my blog kind of not load for a whole day once and it had me panicked! Luckily I had backed up my blog and would've only lost a little bit of material.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great list! I'm really looking forward to this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. GAH! How is it Bloggiesta time already?! I am no where near prepared . . .

    ReplyDelete
  7. It did come quick this time. I won't even be able to start really working on anything till Friday afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am the opposite, I won't have anytime come the weekend. I think I will get started on some of my bigger to do list items now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great plans! I'm sure you'll do awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really just started now too myself! LOL! I visited the blogs on that have signed up so far, so I can cross that out on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Way to get started! I am going to start with emails and archives because if I don't I will procrastinate until I can say oops bloggiesta is over guess I don't have to do them now!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, Angie, what a busy Bliggiesta weekend you have ahead!
    Thanks for visiting - I just friended you on GoodReads! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I do have a busy weekend.. but honestly it's the only time of the year I do some of these things.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ohhh backing up the blog. I ALWAYS forget to put that on my list until I see it on someone else's list come Bloggiesta time. Good luck with your list! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Angela! Thanks so much for visiting me! I'm interested in finding out more about Google+ too, I've just started using it for Amanda Shofner's Writing Sidekick and it's still kind of a mystery, so I'm looking forward to learning about that. Good luck and much productivity this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, that's quite the ambitious list! And not a lot of quick tasks on their either. My list ended up being longer than it was in my head, but a lot of them are small things that shouldn't take too long... which will hopefully leave me more time to check out the challenges! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I forgot a lot of things till I see them on other blogs too. By the time the weekend is over I will add so many more items!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I hope to see you there then at the Google +. We will be newbies together.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Really once I get going I usually can finish everything on one day. I do think Bloggiesta is a lot of fun though especially the challenges. I usually learn a lot from them. So even if I don't do the challenge I still read it and learn from it.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yeah, I plan to read through all of them but I don't want to commit (at least as much as writing something on my own to-do list is a commitment) to doing any when I don't even know what they'll involve.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Are you kidding me?! I generally have 5 goals tops for Bloggiesta. I'm ready for a nap after reading your list!

    I want to participate but have reviews scheduled through to April 15th because there are so many new releases coming up. Not sure how to manage but the twitter chat was SO much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Woohoo totally doing this!! So glad I stumbled on this, I need to do it for sure

    ReplyDelete
  23. That's an impressive list! Sounds like moderating a goodreads group can be a lot of work, I'd never thought about it. I also tend to unfollow blogs I no longer visit, so my blog following list stays manageable. Well, it seems it will be a busy weekend! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I don't think I have done a Bloggiesta chat yet. I've done one for Bout of Books but that one goes super fast and I don't really meet people or feel like I am even heard on it! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Good I am glad!! I love to spread the word about Bloggiesta!!! Fun stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  26. The goodreads groups sometimes tick me off. It is a lot of work and you are right people don't realize it. So sometimes they'll complain and I am like really... I just sat here and got all this ready for the group and yet still someone is out there to make it a bad time. Though I still like it which is why I've stuck it out.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great list, I've jusy added "author footer" to my list -- such a great idea! Good luck with all your goals this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  28. My to-do list always grows too, so I decided to start small to begin with so it's not totally out of control. Love the 50 Bookish Things To Do Before You Die idea! Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Good luck with your Bloggiesta goals! You just reminded me that I should probably add backing up my blogs to my own list.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thanks for sharing this! I joined up because of your post :) Good luck on your list!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Stacy (The Novel Life)March 27, 2014 at 7:35 PM

    ooooo, you just reminded me of a couple of things I keep meaning to add to my blog! the author box below the post and fixing my instagram account! Great list you've got here! Best of luck getting it all done this weekend Bloggiesta friend :-)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Thank you!! I look forward to seeing what you do with yours!!! I am just now getting started on bloggiesta!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I've been wanting to do that list for a while now but never made the time. I would like to put things on the list that I will actually get done and want to do.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Backing up blogs is the one thing people do tend to forget. I have years of work on this blog I would be devastated to lose!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Thank you!!! I am a little behind on getting started but my whole weekend is free so I will for sure be getting things done.

    ReplyDelete
  36. You have made some headway with your list. Nice list. A lot of good things going to happen.

    I haven't noticed that about Bloglovin' - thanks for the heads up. I will have to look for that.

    I don't know what share buttons are, but that is great you finished that. :)

    Commenting on other blogger's blogs is something important, and that is on my list too.

    Have fun.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Bloggiesta List

    ReplyDelete
  37. Thanks!! I am still working on it right now. I have been working on it for a few hours now. Love to do it though.



    Bloglovin ANNOYS me when it does that. WHY!!! I just started noticing I was getting fishy blog title and clicked on them and I have never followed them before. EVER!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Great goals! And it looks like you're progressing pretty well (: I really like the Sharaholic sharing buttons, they are super easy to customise and they look very pretty

    ReplyDelete
  39. Awesome list. I'm going to s add a few of yours to my list as well. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Oooo, totally reminded me about checking out Shareaholic!!! I wanted to add that to my blog but I was kind of waiting until my next design... hmmm, I might do that sooner rather than later b/c yours looks so spiffy! Great goals, girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  41. You are right... I will say that sometimes I don't like upgrading my template because when I do get a new blog design I have to add all that coding back in. Such a BUMMER!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Looks like you're doing great! I like your sharing buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Are you hosting a readathon or is that one that's coming up on another blog? I'm a readathon junkie, so I have to ask. :)

    ReplyDelete
  44. I am actually hosting the readathon!! WHA!!! It's called the Clean Sweep ARC readathon, so we can all get ahead on those ARCs we have piling up! I would love if you joined!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Looks like your doing great I checked my broken links as well luckily I didn't have any this time around last time it was a ridiculous amount. Sorry about Facebook. That sucks. Hopefully they will lift b the ban. Can you sign up as another kind of user? ?

    ReplyDelete
  46. Broken links was kind of a nightmare. On facebook.. I myself am not banned it's the link to my blog. So I can't post links so I don't think it is even worth creating a page.

    ReplyDelete
  47. You made a good dent in your list! ^5

    ReplyDelete
  48. And I like your share icons! That was on my list but I didn't get around to it.

    ReplyDelete
  49. Thank you!! I always look to your blog for inspiration since you still use blogger like myself.

    ReplyDelete
  50. Looks like you got a great amount done! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  51. Angela you totally get the award for the longest to do list and for knocking so much off the list too. #14 I have to do this too. Just found out about it via Bloggiesta. #7 I am looking into this too but I have not found one I like that is FREE and as good as the one on Wordpress yet.
    Congrats on getting so much done.

    ReplyDelete
  52. LOL! #7 was kind of a pain. Some of them didn't exist anymore so I had to go in and get google to delete them. One I just couldn't get to redirect. There are actually a few things from Bloggiesta I am still working on. I love to fix up the blog!

    ReplyDelete