Saturday, March 22, 2014

Sunday Post

Let's chat about what's going on this week... on my blog.. on other blogs... on the internet... and just everywhere!    I link up my post to Sunday Post and Stacking the Shelves.

On the Blog:
-Comic Adventures  issue # 7 talks about Guardians of the Galaxy (soon to be a movie), Jack of Fables volume 3, Batman volume 3, and Joker Death of the Family.
-A new Project Disney about the Lion King!  I compare it to Hamlet by Shakespeare... speaking of Hamlet.. I review that too!!

Around the Blogospere:
I am a little behind this week on other blogger's posts since it was Spring Break and I was really busy.  I am trying to catch up this weekend on the blog's I follow.  Here are a few posts that I did catch: 
-Bloggiesta is this week.  If you haven't joined in before you should.  It is a lot of fun and I have met quite a few bloggers joining in!
-Have you ever checked out JC's Book Haven's sidekick series???  It's fun and there is some great artwork going on too!
-Because Reading is better then Real Life talks about the nonsense that is Facebook.. the fact that you might have 1000 likes but only 15 see the post!
- The Once Upon a Time readathon at Stainless Steel Droppings is starting!!  Super fun everyone so check it out!!
-Bookish Whimsy talks about Circulating Libraries.  I love this so much! 

Internet:
The Maze Runner movie has been pushed back... so I was not sure about it. Then I saw the trailer and it looks decent!
 

Might as well put in TWO movie trailers based off books this week... The Giver trailer was also released:


Books Books Books:

I didn't get too many books this week.  It has been a busy week with friends visiting for spring break so I didn't get a lot of reading done or blogging done.  But I will be back strong next week. I do have a ton of comics to catch up on.  While on Spring Break I visited a GINORMOUS comic book store called Mile High Comics.  It's in a huge warehouse and when I say it's full I mean it's FULL!! OH and yes... that comic is $17,010.00!!! 










How was your week????? 

28 comments:

  1. Oooh so many lovely comics. I have yet to visit an actual comic book store. I'm hoping to do so sometime in the future! I think I'd find a lot I wanted.
    Lauren from www.shootingstarsmag.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love visiting them. Usually they will have geeky items throughout the store... not just comics. Tee-shirts, posters, figurines. I like too that there are a lot of people in the store who are interested in the same things as me too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet stack of graphics - you're obviously a super hero fan. I never have gotten too into the super hero ones. I like SF and Fantasy ones.

    yeah I'm glad The Maze Runner got pushed back it will give me time to read it cause I've been meaning to FOREVER.

    The Giver - guess I better check out and see what that one is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Someone told me tonight that the Giver was a movie before now so this is a remake of that movie. I have to look up the facts on that one though. I have all of a sudden been addicted to superhero comics lately. I am racing through them! Tomorrow = reading that huge stack all day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will check out your Guardians of the Galaxy review, very curious about that one. I kinda want to see where they're going with this team with the movie coming up. I haven't read any of the new stuff yet...

    And Mile High Comics looks like a great store. I've heard of it of course but never seen pics, looks huge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The comic store near my place looks pretty claustrophobic in comparison lol ! Hope you had a good time with your friends. Have a great week ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not the only one who read Hamlet! Awesome. Although I didn't review it myself... :p

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jessica @ a GREAT readMarch 23, 2014 at 6:16 AM

    Oh wow! Never been much of a comic reader myself. Although as a kid, I did read Scooby Doo comics! Not sure that counts though! Lol! Hope you enjoy your reads this week!

    Here's my STS

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not into comics, but wow, what a store, I would enjoy browsing around there.
    Have a great week and Happy Reading.
    My Sunday Post is here

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm not really into comics, but my 9 year old daughter LOVES them, and right now they're the only books I can get her to read. She's taking AR (Accelerated Reader) tests at school with comic books right now-which drives her teacher batty, lol. But, hey they count and it's getting her to read!

    New follower to your blog-
    Finley Jayne
    http://finleyjaynesbookshelves.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. You did good! May you have another great productive week!

    Here is my post.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The comic books remind me of my oldest two sons, who had an obsession to collect them back in the day....

    I am looking forward to Bloggiesta. Hope to have fun!

    Enjoy your week...and here's

    MY WEEKLY SUNDAY/MONDAY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow that comic store is huge. There are so many movies coming out I want to see. Glad you had a good week Angela. Off to check out some of the links!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I heard about Mile High Comics when I went to San Diego Comic Con. They had a huge booth there. I didn't even know it was in my state!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hm. I wasn't blow away by the Maze Runner but I agree the trailer looks quite decent :) And wow, so many comics!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I didn't love the Maze Runner book either.. and then I saw the trailer to the movie and thought.. WOW! Though trailers can be tricks ... you go to the movie and yuck!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The Giver trailer isn't making me want to see the movie, but I do want to read the book now!

    ReplyDelete
  18. It is a good book. It's been many many years since I read it so I do need to re-read it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! A $17K comic? That's just incredible - why can't I own something like that? And that place is huge!


    I hope you enjoyed your spring break :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I think that comic is Flash #1. So it's when his character is introduced and it was in really good condition. A collector would love to have that.

    ReplyDelete
  21. That comic book store looks to be on the level of the much beloved Powell's in Portland, OR! I might have to add it to my must visit list.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am about to google Powell's right now!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh, it is amazing. I spent a whole day there last spring. I dream of living there.

    ReplyDelete
  24. OMG I loved The Giver, it's one of my favourite books of all time! Thanks for posting the trailer I am very excited now :D Enjoy all of your graphic novels too!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I can't believe I haven't heard of this place before! I want to visit it sooo bad.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I didn't even know the trailer was going to be out and then I happened to stumble upon it.

    ReplyDelete
  27. OoOh comics! That place looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  28. It was really amazing... my eyes were bulging out of my head.

    ReplyDelete