Thursday, September 6, 2012

The Map of Time by Félix J. Palma -Review


Wow... this book took me forever to finish!!!  Here is the goodreads description:
Set in Victorian London with characters real and imagined, The Map of Time boasts a triple play of intertwined plots in which a skeptical H.G. Wells is called upon to investigate purported incidents of time travel and to save lives and literary classics, including Dracula and The Time Machine, from being wiped from existence. What happens if we change history? The author explores this question in the novel, weaving an historical fantasy as imaginative as it is exciting—a story full of love and adventure that transports readers to a haunting setting in Victorian London for their own taste of time travel.

I swear it took me a month to get through this book. It is very wordy. I think the ideas were good. Turns out there are three different stories in one book.  For some reason I thought this was a Young Adult book but once I got to reading it I discovered it is not.  My sister swore up and down this was the best book ever... so I made myself read it.  Honestly I guess it was just really long and winded.  I did keep getting tricked in each story I will admit... (spoilers to come!!) I kept thinking we were really time traveling only to find out we weren't.  And the last story with Wells really confused me.  If he was just sitting in his chair imaging the third part of the book then how did he know about World War I, and World War II.  Unless I just misunderstood that part?

I am surprised to find out that this book is a series! (Ok I really shouldn't be surprised since it seems that EVERY book is a series anymore). But I can't imagine where this book will go next???  I found out the name of the next book is The Map of the Sky  which makes me want to read it also!!  I know it will be just as wordy and just as long but the story behind it is pretty good.  And I have to say the covers are amazing!!  In fact... I see that this book came out a few days ago!  Sept 4th!


No comments:

Post a Comment