Saturday, September 15, 2012

Locke and Key Volume 2 Head Games by Joe Hill review


 This counts for RIP :




I really enjoyed the first Locke and Key graphic novel so I had to get the second one from the library as fast as I could!!  Here is the goodreads description:

New York Times bestselling writer Joe Hill and artist Gabriel Rodriguez, the creators behind the acclaimed Locke & Key: Welcome to Lovecraft, return with the next chapter in the ongoing tale, Head Games. Following a shocking death that dredges up memories of their father's murder, Kinsey and Tyler Locke are thrown into choppy emotional waters, and turn to their new friend, Zack Wells, for support, little suspecting Zack's dark secret. Meanwhile, six-year-old Bode Locke tries to puzzle out the secret of the head key, and Uncle Duncan is jarred into the past by a disturbingly familiar face. Open your mind - the head games are just getting started


This second book in the Locke and Key series was not as good as the first to me. But still very good. I like how we are introduced to new keys in each book. This book was about a key that allows you to open you mind-literally. You can put in and take out anything you want. Very interesting... made me think what would I take out. Fear? Sadness? A memory? Again the art work in this book is so great!! The two minds work together perfectly (Hill the writer, Rodriguez illustrator). The novels are a little more violent then I thought they would be. The villain is ruthless. No one is safe. What is Luke's purpose? So many questions be intriguing enough to keep me coming back for more! I didn't really care about the main key in this book till I saw how Luke used it for evil!!!


Want to see my review on the other volumes in this series?
 Welcome to Lovecraft Volume 1
Crown of Shadows Volume 3
Keys to the Kingdom Volume 4
Clockworks Volume 5
Alpha and Omega Volume 6

2 comments:

  1. Wow this book looks really good. I think this is my first time to your blog (thanks to Ryan Wordsmithonia) but I have to tell you I love your layout and colors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!!! I love love Ryan!!! Funny thing is... I found him through this site called Get Glue!!

      Delete