Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Tuesday Top Ten-Series Yet to Finish

Future TTT topics can be found here

This week's topic discusses series that you have not finished for one reason or another.

1.  Map Of Time or Trilogia Victoriana Trilogy by Felix J Palma
I tried to love this series.. but it is sooo wordy.  I got through the first book just find but I don't know if I am ever going to tackle the second and third book!




2.  The Undead Series by Mary J Davidson
These books started out with soooo much potential.  I think I got through 10 or 11 books.  And then they just fell down hill.  I mean even the author put an apology in the front of one of the last ones I read!!


















3. Dream Catcher series by Lisa McMann .  I don't know guys... I thought this was going to be a great series and it just was not good to me.  Never got past the first book in this series!

4. House of Night by PC Cast.  I really enjoyed these.. up until about book 6.  Then I couldn't take the teenage whining.  I ever read the new House of Night graphic novel which followed the same formula the books were sinking into.  :(














5.  Study Series by Maria V Snyder .  I actually loved loved Poison Study.  And, I even have the next two books...I just have so many books to read right now that I haven't gotten around to these yet.


6.  The Iron Fey series by Julie Kagawa.  I like this series but I have been getting further and further behind on it since more and more books are coming out.  I have read the first three so far..


7.  A Song of Ice and Fire series by George RR Martin.  I really love this series.  I have actually been reading it since 2001.  When book 4 and 5 came out (which is actually book 4 but the publisher made Martin split it in two) I decided to not read those.  If you are a fan of Martin you know how long it takes him to write books... and you know he doesn't even care that it takes so long.  The book have so much information and so many characters that I have to re-read 1000 pages books every time a new one comes out.  So I am going to wait for the series to finish before I continue.

8. Flavia de Luce series by Alan Bradley.  This series is sooo cute and fun. A great Young Adult series! I recommend it to everyone.  Alas I have only read book 1 and I don't even know why I haven't continued yet!!


9.  Her Royal Highness Mysteries by Rhys Bowen.   Love the art work on the cover of these books... but here again I have only read the first book and loved it... too many popular books get in the way I guess.




10.  The Mortal Instruments/The Infernal Devices series by Cassandra Clare.  ACK!  Another series I am falling behind in.  I have read the first three Mortal Instruments books but that's it and I love these.... damn my TBR pile is long!

umm... yea it just took an hour to write up these answers!!  What is on your list?


16 comments:

  1. I'm trying to catch up with The Song of Ice & Fire series - hopefully I'll be starting book 4 soon. And I agree about The Map of Time. I liked the first part, but the plot started getting too complicated, so I doubt I'll read any more in the series (didn't even know it was a series before now).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Song of Ice and Fire books are crazy long!!!!!!!! I really want to read Map of the Sky... though I am not sure when that will be? Maybe next year!!

      Delete
  2. Those Alan Bradley books have great covers! I'll add that series to my long list of books I'd like to read. I found I had so many on this list!
    Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Alan Bradley books are super cute and fun. Now I just need to make time to get back into them.

      Delete
  3. I had forgotten all about the Undead series. I loved the first three books, they were so funny. But I think the series has been dragged out too much. I lost interest in reading Betsy makes the same mistakes over and over again. Great list :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES... Betsy started to become such an airhead and that was it for me!!

      Delete
  4. You have some pretty good series listed. I believe the Iron Fey is done with so you can't get any further behind :). I would recommend getting up to date on Mortal Instruments, they just keep getting better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to admit... Mortal Instruments is a series that keeps getting longer and longer and longer!! When will it end?????

      Delete
  5. The Iron Fey books are pretty!! I keep thinking about reading them, but haven't yet. Thanks for stopping by My TTT!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Boooo House of Night! LOL Glad you stopped with those. Queen Betsy.. I read the first one and just didn't care for them at all. I have a friend who is enjoying them right now though. And Wake.. man. I listened to all three of those in two days. Didn't much care! It had potential, but I wasn't a fan. Oh well. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea... the Wake book (I only read the first one) are pretty short. So it doesn't surprise me you listened to them that fast!!

      Delete
  7. The House of Night series is on a number of lists. I have never read the series and I am not sure if I ever will. I don't particularly like when there are more then four novels in a series-especially when it's all from the same POV.

    Great list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't bother with those books... unless you don't mind just reading like 4 of them. Then it just gets nuts from there on out!

      Delete
  8. The Iron Fey series was amazing though the Iron Knight was as good as the first 3, still Puck was there so I enjoyed it as much. As for PC Cast's many people have been telling me to read it but like you I have so many books to read that it keeps on piling up onto another after another. For the TMI series I loved loved the last 4. The COLS didnt amaze me at all so I never finished it, I thought this chasing the villain thing has been dragging on forever that it has to stop already.

    Great post Angie. x

    Ficbookreviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would pass on the PC Cast books... I mean I stuck with like 6 or 7 of them and then it just kept going and going and going. I even had Burn (the next book to read) in my hands from the library and then just decided I wasn't going to put in the time.

      Delete