OK.... well here is update 2 today. I am reading along with Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-thon for those that don't know. So I'll occasionally be
Currently Reading: My first comic of the day Green Lantern Vol 4 which is an ARC.
Books Finished: Robin Hood
Pages Read: 160
Amount of Time Spent Reading: 2 1/2 hour
Snacks: french bread pizza for lunch
Where are you reading: In my favorite recliner!
I will be updating a lot on Twitter. My Twitter handler is @Kingmod
Also be sure to check me out on instagram... my handler there is Wsbronco. I have been posting pictures there today of my readathon adventures.
I know.. my twitter and instagram names have nothing to do with my blog name!
The challenges I am doing now:
Estelle's Revenge has a really fun challenge to me. I came up with 6 words to explain the event in my eyes: Hurry and Read Your Books Now.
The next challenge is hosted by Lisa's World of Books where you pick the best of the best:
I picked Cinder for my Top Rated Sci-Fi, Miss Peregrine for my top rated Mystery Book, and Doctor Sleep for best cover!
Next challenge by the Book Monsters. Take a Shelfie!
Edit: I am adding this into the Update 2
1. What are you reading right now? I am reading Green Lantern Volume 4 DC an ARC from Edelweiss
2. How many books have you read so far? Just 1!
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon? Scarlet but I really want to get like 4 graphic novels out of the way first.
4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day? No ... I had to get my husband from the airport, cook dinner and put away laundry. Then I started blogging and had to quit so I could get to reading!
5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those? Well I slept past the start date of the event and didn't really mean to do that. So I started about 2 hours late.
6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far? I feel as if I am running out of time. The 24 hours is flying past and every time I do something other then reading I feel like I wasted that time!
7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? No
8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year? Plan better. This was my first year so I didn't realize I should've had that spread sheet and posts set up in templates ready to go!
9. Are you getting tired yet? No
10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered? No... well turn off the TV!
Ok well that's it for this update!
Oh noes, those books look like they are going to tumble! Must read them fast! :)ReplyDelete
Wahoo! I'm impressed by your challenge participation. Way to Readathon!ReplyDelete
I <3 your shelf too! Harry Potter, Dracula, Stephen King!! So many awesome books! And it's just so HUGE (I have a bunch of mini shelves all around the house)ReplyDelete
I love your shelfie! :D :D hope you're having a good readathon! xxReplyDelete
Woo hoo, Prize winner! And yay for the shelfie!!!ReplyDelete
Great job so far!ReplyDelete
They do look like they are going to fall right off the shelf. I have since moved those books into a different location! LOL!ReplyDelete
I think I might possibly be participating in too many challenges and not enough reading!ReplyDelete
Those shelves are actually old ones of my moms. The style is probably so 1980s. I have been wanting to have a new book shelf but they aren't cheap.ReplyDelete
Thank you!! Having a lot of fun!!ReplyDelete
I know.. I was surprised by winning a prize!ReplyDelete
I'm glad you loved Cinder, and I hope you're loving Scarlet, too :) Happy reading!ReplyDelete
You have great shelves there! :DReplyDelete
I'm glad to see Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children among your favorites. Hope you are enjoying the readathon so far!
Thanks for stopping by my blog :)
I'm glad you were able to finish Robin Hood. That took me more than a month to read. It was so repetive. I wrote a semi positive review on it. You will be flying now since you are reading graphic novels. I'm not really into graphic novels otherwise I would be reading those for the readathon too. Well I flipped Tangled into the DVD player and now I'm going back to reading.ReplyDelete
Thank you!!! Love that everyone seems to be hanging on!ReplyDelete
I liked Miss Peregrine's and I loved Hollow City even more!ReplyDelete
How fun that you are watching Tangled. I am hoping to turn on NASCAR and the AVS here in a minute. Waiting for my husband to finish watching a movie.ReplyDelete
It really is going by crazy fast, isn't it?!ReplyDelete
I know... I am like what!! I have been reading a few graphic novel ARCs I received and am getting sleepy now.ReplyDelete
Great book shelves! I've actually read the same version of Robin Hood that you're reading. I hope you enjoyed it too :)ReplyDelete
you have some books perilously close to falling off that shelf *wink*ReplyDelete
I did enjoy Robin Hood!! I should have a review up soon.ReplyDelete
LOL!.... They are going DOWN!ReplyDelete