alice grass

Follow Me Friday

Thursday, January 9, 2014

Alison Can Read Feature & Follow 


This is the day of the week where we get to know each other better by answering a question devised by our lovely hostesses Parajunkee & Alisoncanread.  GFC may go away so Bloglovin is probably a great way to follow me!  And now for this week's question....


Follow on Bloglovin

Q.  Resolutions :  Put together your blogger resolution list for us all to see.

A.  For those of you who already follow my blog you have already seen these answers so I apologize for posting my 2014 blogging resolutions again.

Book Blogging Goals:


  • Get my netgalley percent up to the 80% I discovered it's supposed to be at  (discussed here) ... who knew?  If you don't get your rate up you'll be more likely to get denied access to books.  
  • Attract more followers.  I want people to come to the blog have fun and for them to want to talk about books!  I don't really have a number of followers in mind.  I guess I would like to start getting higher number pages views a day.  Maybe more like 60-80 page views a day.  
  • Keep improving my blog layout.  I have had the same blog design for a few years now but don't want to change it because I think people identify my blog with it.  But I do like to keep tweaking things. 
  • Keep up my Sunday Post... I never did this because I didn't really enjoy taking pictures of the tons of books I got from the library.  Then I saw people not just talking about what they received in books.. but what they would see out on the blogs, and just all kinds of other information.  I love it when those posts are fun and hope to make mine better and better. 
  • Have an event of some type at the blog.. a readathon... or another month of fun (like my Wizard of Oz month). 

Reading Goals:

  • I want to hit my goal of 100 books this year.  I am determined.  I feel like I read a ton of books but I never actually reach 100. 
  • Keep reading with my goodreads bookclubs.  Trust me this can be hard and annoying.  I have to set up the polls, get people motivated to participate, and all that jazz. 
What are your goals??  Welcome to those of you who are new followers!!! 
divider

31 comments:

  1. Still really great goals ;) I hope you have a great weekend!!
    Ninja Girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopping through. I really need to work on my layout. Well, mostly I need to transition to WP.
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm actually a baby blogger, but these are awesome resolutions! I want to read 150 books this year! I doubt I'll be able to though! I followed you via bloglovin :)

    Pivot Book Reviews FF

    -Becca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome!! A baby blogger?? LOL! Going to check out your goals!

      Delete
  4. I only found out the whole NetGalley thing the other day too!! Still trying to get my review % up too :-)!
    Old follower.
    Kirsty @ All in One Place x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am going to read another book today maybe. I really want to get these reviews post up for it. I mean who knew? If I see a book I really want I don't want to be denied over a percentage.

      Delete
  5. OOh nice! Going to have to check out that Netgalley post later, didn't know that there was anything you "had" to do! Uh oh! ;)

    Here's my Follow Friday

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your percent could be low! I didn't even know till recently when someone commented on one of my posts and mentioned it.

      Delete
  6. New follower via GFC and a fellow Angela:) Feel free to stop by my blog:
    http://languageintheblood.blogspot.fr
    I’m also looking for reviewers of my e-book Language in the blood, let me know if you want a review copy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with the Goodreads bookclubs. I love the challenges but sometimes I feel overwhelmed with 4 of them to keep up with! Good luck and have a great week.

    My FF

    Lacie @ Rainy Dayz Reviewz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am just not a challenge person. I just want to read what I want to read when I want to read it. WANT! :)

      Delete
  8. My Netgalley ratio is at 36% or something. I do get most of my requests approved ,and I'm even on the auto-approval list for a bunch of publishers. NO idea howthat works though. I want to get my ratio up to at least 60% this year.


    Check out my FF post for this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's crazy!! Netgalley needs to just not be so confusing.

      Delete
  9. Oh, and I followed through Bloglovin'.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi! My name is Elizabeth and I am Redhead Reader. This is my first FF and I've followed you via Bloglovin. We both have Netgalley resolutions. I wish you good luck with your resolutions!
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great goals! I'd love to get my Netgalley percent up to the coveted 80% too. For me it is all about prioritizing my reading and controling the click of the mouse.

    Good luck with your resolutions Angie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's crazy.. I really don't request a lot but I wasn't posting reviews of the ones I did get soo... I did read people will just write little blurbs on goodreads and that counts too.

      Delete
  12. Hey, Angie, new Bloglovin' follower here. These are great goals! I want to just stop requesting from Netgalley so I can catch up on my reviews. And yeah, fix up my blog - I think it looks really plain. Here's my FFF post: http://roxysreviews.blogspot.ca/2014/01/feature-and-follow-friday-183.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sometimes want to fix my blog too. I have had the same template for almost 3 years now. Though I always think my followers probably just recognize it so I leave it.

      Delete
  13. I have been recently trying to get my NetGalley ratio up too. I am slowly getting there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just can't believe I am just now even learning about it. After all these years I hadn't seen anyone mentioning it till recently!

      Delete
  14. Fantastic blog, great resolutions!

    New follower via GFC

    Gizzimomo xx

    http://gizzimomosbookshelf.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey! Love the resolutions and I hope you succeed.
    I would love to participate in a read-a-thon if you were to host one so go for it!
    Old follower via Bloglovin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea... we'll see. I started to think about the readathon and that might be too much work. Maybe if I co-hosted it with someone??? Who knows what the year will hold!!

      Delete
  16. Good luck with your goals! I know improving your NetGalley ratio can be hard!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © 2014 Angela's Anxious Life
Template and Design by New Chapter Designs