Friday, January 17, 2014

Batman Arkham Origins- Video Game Review


Finally I got my hands on this game!  My library finally has it for check out.  I actually requested it way back in September before it came out and I got a notice on my account that they were going to order it.  It was still on my list so finally I emailed them last week and was like... um why I am waiting three months for this game and then walla they got it!

For me this game was just as fun as the first two in the series (Arkham City, Arkham Asylum). I know there were some complaints about it being too similar to the first two games.  I enjoy this myself.  Sometimes I think when a game keeps trying too hard to better itself then it only gets worse. I also enjoy that this is a prequel game.  When get to see Batman discover the Joker, a villain he hasn't met before.  I was a little worried about this game since this time around it's made not by Rocksteady and then was switch to WB Montreal.  Not sure why game makers switched but I think it turned out OK.


These games are open world games but at the same time there is a main story line.  So you can run around and do side quests or follow along the main story.  I pretty much skipped a lot of side quests since this was a rental game and I don't have all the time in the world with it. I love that there is a fast travel system that allows you to bounce all over the map without having to take the time to walk and swing all over Gotham City.

There is also a detective mode this time around.  You get to go into crime scenes and use your detective vision to figure out a crime scene. I love the fight scenes so much.   The combat is fun to do and Batman has great tricks up his sleeve.  There are a lot of villains this time around that want to kill Batman because there is a bounty on his head.  He meets Bane, Black Mask, Deathstroke (a tough fight with him) and others. I also think it's neat that this game takes place at Christmas.  This gives the game a creepy feel.  There are Christmas lights, trees, and snow on the map. CREEPY!


There is a multiplayer on this game too.  I didn't get to play it myself because I let me Xbox Live expire until I get Xbox One.  I have been to a friends house though who places it on PC and watched him play it and it looked like a lot of fun.  I really really loved seeing the trailer when the game first came out. I have always been interested in Batman's story. 



The game play here is fun.  If you enjoyed the first two Batman games you will for sure love this one.  8 out of 10!

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like an awesome game. I love the Batman comics :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this game.... it is really good and does a great job of making you feel like Batman. The fighting is really good in it too.

      Delete
  2. I don't play video games, but a lot of my friends do. I think this one sounds really fun!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If any of your friends have this game .. go to their house and watch them play it!

      Delete
  3. Right now I've been very addicted to my xbox 360 when my mom's friend gave it to us for Christmas. :D I've never played Batman before, but it would be interesting to play it! I'm more into zombies and Mario games. :) I just finished playing Resident Evil 6 and it was AMAZING! Now I'm attempting to play Dead Island, but it's so scary since the zombies can sprint lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You need to play Left 4 Dead also. That is one of my all time favorite Zombie games. I enjoy Mario too.... though funny thing is as I've gotten older I have a harder time beating those games!

      Delete
  4. I gotta say, I'm really impressed by the voice acting here, whoever these guys are, they've hit the voices just right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yea... I agree. Mark Hamill was the voice of the Joker for the first two games. So I was a little worried about this one since the voice changed. But Troy Baker really brings it. He is a marvelous voice actor in games... Bioshock, The Last of Us... and all that jazz.

      Delete