Thursday, January 9, 2014

Follow Me Friday

Alison Can Read Feature & Follow 


This is the day of the week where we get to know each other better by answering a question devised by our lovely hostesses Parajunkee & Alisoncanread.  GFC may go away so Bloglovin is probably a great way to follow me!  And now for this week's question....


Follow on Bloglovin

Q.  Resolutions :  Put together your blogger resolution list for us all to see.

A.  For those of you who already follow my blog you have already seen these answers so I apologize for posting my 2014 blogging resolutions again.

Book Blogging Goals:


  • Get my netgalley percent up to the 80% I discovered it's supposed to be at  (discussed here) ... who knew?  If you don't get your rate up you'll be more likely to get denied access to books.  
  • Attract more followers.  I want people to come to the blog have fun and for them to want to talk about books!  I don't really have a number of followers in mind.  I guess I would like to start getting higher number pages views a day.  Maybe more like 60-80 page views a day.  
  • Keep improving my blog layout.  I have had the same blog design for a few years now but don't want to change it because I think people identify my blog with it.  But I do like to keep tweaking things. 
  • Keep up my Sunday Post... I never did this because I didn't really enjoy taking pictures of the tons of books I got from the library.  Then I saw people not just talking about what they received in books.. but what they would see out on the blogs, and just all kinds of other information.  I love it when those posts are fun and hope to make mine better and better. 
  • Have an event of some type at the blog.. a readathon... or another month of fun (like my Wizard of Oz month). 

Reading Goals:

  • I want to hit my goal of 100 books this year.  I am determined.  I feel like I read a ton of books but I never actually reach 100. 
  • Keep reading with my goodreads bookclubs.  Trust me this can be hard and annoying.  I have to set up the polls, get people motivated to participate, and all that jazz. 
What are your goals??  Welcome to those of you who are new followers!!! 

30 comments:

  1. Still really great goals ;) I hope you have a great weekend!!
    Ninja Girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopping through. I really need to work on my layout. Well, mostly I need to transition to WP.
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm actually a baby blogger, but these are awesome resolutions! I want to read 150 books this year! I doubt I'll be able to though! I followed you via bloglovin :)

    Pivot Book Reviews FF

    -Becca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome!! A baby blogger?? LOL! Going to check out your goals!

      Delete
  4. I only found out the whole NetGalley thing the other day too!! Still trying to get my review % up too :-)!
    Old follower.
    Kirsty @ All in One Place x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am going to read another book today maybe. I really want to get these reviews post up for it. I mean who knew? If I see a book I really want I don't want to be denied over a percentage.

      Delete
  5. OOh nice! Going to have to check out that Netgalley post later, didn't know that there was anything you "had" to do! Uh oh! ;)

    Here's my Follow Friday

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your percent could be low! I didn't even know till recently when someone commented on one of my posts and mentioned it.

      Delete
  6. New follower via GFC and a fellow Angela:) Feel free to stop by my blog:
    http://languageintheblood.blogspot.fr
    I’m also looking for reviewers of my e-book Language in the blood, let me know if you want a review copy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with the Goodreads bookclubs. I love the challenges but sometimes I feel overwhelmed with 4 of them to keep up with! Good luck and have a great week.

    My FF

    Lacie @ Rainy Dayz Reviewz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am just not a challenge person. I just want to read what I want to read when I want to read it. WANT! :)

      Delete
  8. My Netgalley ratio is at 36% or something. I do get most of my requests approved ,and I'm even on the auto-approval list for a bunch of publishers. NO idea howthat works though. I want to get my ratio up to at least 60% this year.


    Check out my FF post for this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's crazy!! Netgalley needs to just not be so confusing.

      Delete
  9. Oh, and I followed through Bloglovin'.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi! My name is Elizabeth and I am Redhead Reader. This is my first FF and I've followed you via Bloglovin. We both have Netgalley resolutions. I wish you good luck with your resolutions!
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great goals! I'd love to get my Netgalley percent up to the coveted 80% too. For me it is all about prioritizing my reading and controling the click of the mouse.

    Good luck with your resolutions Angie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's crazy.. I really don't request a lot but I wasn't posting reviews of the ones I did get soo... I did read people will just write little blurbs on goodreads and that counts too.

      Delete
  12. Hey, Angie, new Bloglovin' follower here. These are great goals! I want to just stop requesting from Netgalley so I can catch up on my reviews. And yeah, fix up my blog - I think it looks really plain. Here's my FFF post: http://roxysreviews.blogspot.ca/2014/01/feature-and-follow-friday-183.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sometimes want to fix my blog too. I have had the same template for almost 3 years now. Though I always think my followers probably just recognize it so I leave it.

      Delete
  13. I have been recently trying to get my NetGalley ratio up too. I am slowly getting there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just can't believe I am just now even learning about it. After all these years I hadn't seen anyone mentioning it till recently!

      Delete
  14. Fantastic blog, great resolutions!

    New follower via GFC

    Gizzimomo xx

    http://gizzimomosbookshelf.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey! Love the resolutions and I hope you succeed.
    I would love to participate in a read-a-thon if you were to host one so go for it!
    Old follower via Bloglovin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea... we'll see. I started to think about the readathon and that might be too much work. Maybe if I co-hosted it with someone??? Who knows what the year will hold!!

      Delete
  16. Good luck with your goals! I know improving your NetGalley ratio can be hard!

    ReplyDelete