Saturday, January 18, 2014

Sunday Post



Let's chat about what's going on this week... on my blogs.. on other blogs... on the internet... and just everywhere!  Despite not reading this week.. the blog has been busy!  I link up my post to Sunday Post, Bought, Borrowed & Bagged, and Stacking the Shelves.  


On the blog:
I talk about my Blogger Horror Stories and in the comments people talk about theirs too. 
I review the hilarious Geeks Guide to Dating.
I also review that one book... you know.. the one everyone is talking about Allegiant at the same time I discuss why I can't stand spoilers!
Do you Procrastinate Reading??  Um I know I do!
This week I am featured on The Book Addict's Guide blog for their Book and A Beverage Feature.  Be sure to stop by and see just how much I am addicted to Mountain Dew (which I am drinking right now). 
I do another Life of a Blogger where I talk about my two diabetic cats, Merry and Pippin.
Video Game post- woot woot! Batman Arkham Origins

What I found around the blogospere:
Want to send fellow book bloggers a valentine's day card?? ME TOO!! Sign up over at Fighting Dreamer
Apparently there is the website that has been emailing a lot of book bloggers Grammerly. Offering you $20 giftcard if you mention their service.  Here are some blog posts where we book bloggers are talking about this service: Grammerly post one and Grammerly post 2.  What do you think about this???  Spam?? 
Did you see everyone hating on Wil Wheaton since he couldn't meet his reading goals for 2013???
You know how people say don't clutter your blog's sidebar??  Well that's true.  But sometimes the geek in me can't help it.  Why not add some cool bumper stickers to your blog?? I mean... this:
OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Jamie at Perpetual Page Turner talks about body image in an amazing way.  This is how I wish I could write blog posts!
Some of the most beautiful Lord of the Rings art by John Howe, if you haven't seen his art it is a must. 
I am joining up in another readathon in February hosted by My Shelf Confessions!  Click on the button for more info!!


WVRAT


Videos

Did you see the trailer for season 4 for Game of Thrones.. oh you're like me and watched it the minute it was released?  Well here it is again:


Books Books Books 

I received a few large books this week so I need to get started!  S by JJ Abrams, Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell, and The Once and Future King by TH White!

What about you??

33 comments:

  1. I'm simultaneously curious about and incredibly intimidated by S. Can't wait to hear what you think of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know me too... I was worried the library wasn't going to have all the goodies that come with the book (post cards and inserts) but the book has it all!!! Happy about that.

      Delete
  2. I just placed a hold on S. this morning, I'll be interested to read what you thought of all the little goodies.

    Also great interview, I've never been able to drink Mountain Dew because it gets me so hyped up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just finished drinking one right now! As soon as I am done with Once and Future King I'll start S!

      Delete
  3. Ugh, grammarly. I get their emails too. Such a pain. Enjoy your new reads! My STS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah... Grammarly. I got their emails and just deleted them... but I didn't realize they were going to EVERYONE! It really is spam if you think about it.

      Delete
  4. I am IN LOVE with the Lord of the Rings artwork! So cool :D

    The Valentine blogger card idea is a really neat plan. I call it Singles Awareness Day. I'll have to see if I can work something out on that. I'll definitely be tweeting that out so others can know. It's such a great idea.

    Thank you so much for sharing! Jaclyn @ JC's Book Haven.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once you pass grade school you really only get Valentine's Day cards from parents and your partner. Sooooo this will be the first time in a long time I actually get a Valentine's Day cards from someone else!! Excited

      I didn't think about tweeting it! I will too to spread the "LOVE" :)

      Delete
  5. Everything JJ Abrams does is now something I'm a little careful with. I loved the beginning of Lost, and then it just jumped the shark - somehow more than once! - so I'll wait for your review of S to see if it's something I'd want to read or not.

    Have a great day, and happy reading :)

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OK Lost= I was Lost. By the time that show finished I was like who is who and what is going on!!! I mean.. WHA!!!! I am glad though that the makers quit making it (it wasn't actually canceled). They knew they needed to end it and for that I am happy.

      Delete
  6. I'm reading S too!!! And yay for getting Fangirl. Aaaand Game of Thrones season 4! Excited.
    Bumper stickers - lol
    Grammarly - yup, it's a scam

    Thanks for the shut out! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to get that Master Chief bumper sticker. I figure hey why not. It might make my blog a little messy but my blog becomes more me. Grammarly got me a little. I didn't actually use it... or sign up for the $25 thing.. but I looked at the site and thought it was good to check to see if you are being plagiarized. I think the site is legit but they just spam so many people it seems like a scam. Sad for them.

      Delete
  7. S looks incredibly intriguing but also a bit, well, creepy... which is why I'm passing on it for now. Hadn't heard about the Grammarly thing; I'll go read about it. As for people hating on Wil Wheaton for not meeting his reading goals... sheesh, people, get a life! I completely agree with the blogger - ANY number of books read is good.

    Thanks for all the interesting links, and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right.. Wil Wheaton can read what he wants. He is a geek legend after all.. Wesley! He plays more games then reading books. I love his show on youtube Table Top.

      Delete
  8. I am going to do the Valentine's Day Read-a-thon too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think the Valentine Card is a such a cute idea, and as for Grammerly I know a few peeps whose native tongue is not English and they find it very helpful as for the email campaign..creepy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh see... I thought it was a good site. But it is true they spam book bloggers way too much.

      Delete
  10. Thanks for sharing the trailer for GoT! I missed the launch and totally forgot about it already. Damn, I can't wait!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait either... we always have a viewing night in my house on Sunday night and our friends come over and watch it with us. Sooo fun.

      Delete
  11. Awesome!! Happy Reading! If you'd like, you can stop by my STS Following your blog and would love a follow back please :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I need to read The Once and Future King. And I need to go check out the LotR artwok. Have a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks... Once and Future King is pretty good. Reading it for my Project Disney this week.

      Delete
  13. I hadnt heard of S...I shall go look it up. Enjoy your reading :D

    Mich

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. S looks cool.. though it's long. So I need to get started on it soon!

      Delete
  14. Oh geesh, people really insulted him over not reading more? I wish people would be more understanding towards one another you know. I have Fangirl but haven't gotten to reading it yet. Check out My STS if you have time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to read Fangirl! Hoping to get to it this week. I can't believe the fuss over Wheaton not making his reading goals. People freak over the dumbest things.

      Delete
  15. I'm seeing more and more bloggers link to Grammarly, and not just book bloggers. For it to be 'ok' you have to say that you've been paid to add the link, and few people are aware of that :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That $25 gift card is enticing. I thought at first it was like an advertisement on the side of my blog I thought ... finally I am going to make some money off this blog. But then I think you have to put it in your post AND I too have noticed that the blogs that do list it don't say they got paid to post it and you are right, I think FTC rules state you have to say you were paid for the advertisement or something like that.

      Delete
  16. The cat on keyboard thing is pretty funny - I'd just need it to say dog instead since Buffy often helps me with my typing. LOL! thanks for all the links - I have a lot of reading to do. Oh and I love Mt. Dew too - but never have it in the house to save myself from drinking too much of it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lol maybe as tinsy bit ;) I can tolerate off brand and diet Dew, but like you I can completely taste the difference. Do you like all the new flavors of Mt. Dew they've come up with? I really like the blue one and the Baja blast (which they only have at Taco Bell)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I don't like the Red one... but I love the orange one, and the purple one. I always buy the special edition ones too that come out for video games.

    ReplyDelete